First Office Trend Challenge!

According to Glamour, Spring 2012's most wearable fashion trend is color blocking.  I love this look for the office.  This particular color combination would look gorgeous with both dark and light coloring! 

I know it looks cold, but it was in the upper 60's today!  In this photo, I'm actually looking at a guy wearing flip-flops walking down the street (It should be noted that he was looking at me thinking I was a weirdo...so it's okay that I was thinking the same thing about him!)
For Fall/Winter, I like to pair a pencil skirt with a long sleeved blouse.  
In the warmer months, I prefer to go sleeveless for a stream-lined look.  
Pencil Skirt - Express (Purchase HERE)
Blouse -  NEXX (Purchase similar HERE)
Clutch - Nordstrom
Heels - BCBG
Belt - Nordstrom (Purchase HERE)
Earrings - Gift from Honduras 

Style TIP: 
For the office, stick to a maximum of three colors.  Keep the intoxicated-rainbow-bright look for the weekends.

Here is another color block color combination I am loving for the office as the weather gets warmer:

1) Chloe Blouse (Purchase HERE)
2) Ally Fashion Peplum Skirt (Purchase similar HERE)
3) Jimmy Choo (Purchase HERE)

You probably notice that I like to pair a nude heel to balance the color-party happening up top.  That is just my preference for an office day with a lot of meetings.  Should you celebrate color at work?  Yes...but in moderation.  You want people to judge you by your professionalism and your body of work...not your color palette.

FIrst Office Trend Challenge:

Very excited to introduce the first Office Trend Challenge: Color Blocking!

1) email me a photo of you wearing your best color-blocking style for the office (if you work from home, are a student, or are a full-time mom, etc. please join in!!)  Please email only quality photos (visit vmac + cheese for tips).

2) Include your name, blog URL if you have one, and your occupation.  Also include any interesting thoughts about your style (limitations at your workplace, feelings about color blocking, anything amusing about you, etc.)  

3) Send all entries by Tuesday, February 14 at 5pm MTN time.

Email me at Marionberry3@gmail.com to join in the fun!  All photos will be posted on Wednesday, February 15.

So do you celebrate color at work?   

XO - Marion

PS - Are you a blogger?  If yes, be sure to check back tomorrow! :-)

Linking up today with The Pleated Poppy and Rolled Up Pretty

0 comments:

Post a Comment