What I Wear to Workout

In the spirit of kicking the year off on a healthy note, I thought I would share a sneak-peak into my own personal work-out and nutrition values.


Palmer makes a great work-out partner!  

 I love pairing Nike's sports tops with Zella workout pants.  

Blue Jacket - Nike (purchase similar here)
Pants - Zella (purchase here)
Blue Sports Tank - Nike (purchase here)
Shoes - Asics (purchase here)
Pink Jacket - Nike (purchase similar here)

Working out and staying fit is a big priority in my life. I am fortunate to work out with a personal trainer 2-3 times a week.  Unless I'm training for a specific race, I pretty much do the rest of my "working out" outside doing activities: skiing, biking, hiking, etc.  



Regarding my diet, my husband and I started the "The 4-Hour Body" way of eating last January.  I admit...I have never embarked on a "diet" before as I've always been fairly thin.  That said, I was looking for a cleaner way of eating and thinking about food.  


Bottom line: this book changed my world.  I lost about 8 lbs. and my husband lost over 25 lbs. in a little over a month!  This is certainly not an easy change to make.  I love carbs and I love sugar.  But after a month or so it became so much easier and your body rejects the idea of eating unhealthy foods.  


Basic principles:
1) Avoid white carbs (eat tons of veggies to get your healthy carbs)
2) Eat the same meals over and over again (I didn't really stick to this except with breakfast)
3) Don't drink your calories (no milk, juice, white wine, etc.)  You can drink black coffee and 2 glasses of red wine a day (YAY!)
4) Don't eat fruit (too much sugar.  I sometimes eat fruit 30 minutes before a workout).
5) Binge 1 day a week and eat/drink as much as you want...Go BANANAS!


I know, I know...it sounds crazy!  But it works.


One year later and my husband and I still strive to eat by the principles of this diet.  We don't stress if we indulge in some pizza one night or have a few beers during a football game.  It's all about balance! :-)


Did you add exercise/diet goals to your to-do list for 2012?!


XO - Marion



0 comments:

Post a Comment