Beautiful Bloggers: Jen with Red Soles and Red Wine

Time for another edition of Beautiful Bloggers!  
Today I am so excited to feature Jen with Red Soles and Red Wine!  


How did you come up with the name and focus of your blog? 
My sister actually helped me with the name of my blog!  I'm a lover of shoes and adore those red soled Louboutins.  I'm also a big food fanatic and my husband introduced me to a plethora of yummy red wines.  One of our favorite destinations is Napa/Sonoma Valley.  When I started my blog I wasn't sure what direction I was going to take.  Early on I did food reviews and outfit posts.  
As with every blogger, as you start writing, posting and generating ideas, you figure out what direction to head.  Since I come from a fashion background I knew fashion would be a large part of my blog; sharing my lookbooks as well as things I'm loving in fashion is something I love to do.  I'm a big believer that when you are passionate about what you do, it shows and people respond.  



How long have you been blogging? 
What is 1 thing you know now that you wish you knew when you started?
I have been blogging about 9 months and it seems everyday I learn something new!  Before I started blogging I didn't realize how much work it was.  Once you start you realize the hours of editing, writing, creativity and effort it takes to blog every week.  You definitely need to love what you share.  Having a plan and calendar of your ideas helps with time management.  

What is your favorite outfit post to date and why? 
This is my favorite outfit post so far:


I love mixing prints and this outfit has two of my favorite prints of all; leopard and polka dots.  The weather had been transitioning from summer to fall and it was so nice to wear some lightweight fabrics mixed with my trench.  

In addition, I'm a big believer in investing in key pieces in your wardrobe.  The Chanel bag I purchased over 8 years ago, the polka dot top over 7 years ago and the Louboutin shoes over 2 years ago.  Mixing high and low pieces in my outfits is a key trend on my blog.  



What are you doing when you're not blogging?
My sister and I launched our jewelry company, t+j Designs in August of 2011.  A lot of our marketing is done through blogging, but a big part of my life is working and growing our jewelry line.  I design, source, market, manage costs, update the website, and network.  It's been so rewarding owning our own company and receiving such fantastic support from my readers and customers.  I love fashion jewelry and my job!  


What is 1 thing about you that your readers would be surprised to learn?
My readers would be surprised to learn that I love Harry Potter.  I've read all the books and watched all the movies!  The first time I picked up the first book I couldn't put it down and read it in a day.  It's probably one of the rare series of items where I like the books and movies equally.

Thank you so much Jen for giving such thoughtful answers!  

So which of Jen's looks above is your favorite?!
XO - Marion

PS - Jen's sister she refers to is Tiffany from I am Style-ish!

0 comments:

Post a Comment