New Clinique Purchases

After asking my Twitter followers for some advice on which foundation to invest in next, the one that came up a lot was Clinique's Even Better. Never one to throw money at a product without proper research, I went to Clinique and got a couple of sample pots to try out at home. 

When I was sure I was happy with it, I headed to Clinique in my local Fenwick's store and saw that there was a deal on. If I bought one other product that was skincare, I'd get a fairly epic free gift. I decided to get the Take The Day Off makeup remover, after trying it and loving it all that time ago when Clinique did loads of free samples with Glamour Magazine. Full reviews below!



What I love about this foundation is that it has a dewy finish. I've always used matte foundations in the past, but after becoming transfixed on this picture in Glamour recently, I've been craving a more natural finish. This foundation applies like a dream (I'm currently alternating my ELF Powder Brush and Real Techniques Stipple Brush to do so) and doesn't sit on the skin at all. It just evens everything out and makes you look like you have perfect and radiant skin. I like to set it with a bit of powder just to take a tiny bit of the shine off and help it last longer. The only down side is it isn't quite light enough. I'm using the lightest shade Alabaster, and I do find I need to blend some down my neck a bit too just to prevent any lines. It still looks very natural, though and will be perfect when I've caught a bit of sun, too. 


I can be a bit of a lazy oaf when it comes to removing my mascara fully every night. It seems to take so much effort to remove every trace (even using really good removers like my No7 one) that by the time I've got it all off, my skin is sore and I've probably gained a few wrinkles from all that manhandling of the eye area! Anyway, this remover is not like that. You shake the bottle, apply some to cotton wool and it melts makeup off in a few sweeps without any effort or discomfort. It also cuts through lipstick easily, too. It may be £15.50, but this stuff is like Cillit Bang for your eyes and if it takes the stress and discomfort out of my nightly wrestle to remove mascara, it is a darn good investment in my eyes. (Don't excuse the pun, it was a bloody good one!)

Le free gift:



I was bowled over by the freebie! I'm not sure if this is still available at Clinique counters now, as it's unclear on the website, so I won't dwell on it too much. The products I'm most pleased with are the Airbrush Concealer, the travel size eye makeup remover, the superbalm lip gloss, and the eyeshadow duo

It did come to £44, which made me wince a bit, but I do still have money in my christmas money fund and a decent foundation and makeup remover are two things I do believe it's worth investing in! 

Are you a fan of any of Clinique products? What beauty products do you think are worth investing in? 


0 comments:

Post a Comment