Trend Update + Moments of the Week

New York Fashion Week is happening right now...and I have been obsessing over what styles and trends are celebrated within those sacred tents.  In celebration, here are some looks to acknowledge one of Spring 2012's hottest trend: PASTELS!

Atlantic-Pacific wears pastels unlike anyone else.
This soft pink/blue combo is so pretty.

Consider throwing in a pattern to add interest to your pastel combination.  
Stripes are classic.

BONUS TREND UPDATE: Look for vertical stripes this year! 

Butter yellow is one of my favorite pastels.


The soft pink shorts with the nude and beige is so easy and so gorgeous.  
You probably have the makings of a similar style already in your closet!

And now...enough fashion talk.  It's time for my...

Moments of the Week:


My Pretty Woman Moment
Okay...so if you follow me on Twitter, you already may have seen my shopping haul from H&M. I went ba-na-nas in the best way and found so many orange pieces (which I've been wanting since Pantone announced Tangerine as the color of 2012).
So this is my Pretty Woman moment in only one sense: the part where she buys a ton of clothes and looks so happy. I kept waiting for one of the salespeople to be rude to me so I could leave, only to return holding up fistfuls of cash and announcing in my best Julia voice, "Big mistake...Huge!!"


(Yes...these are the types of thoughts that cross my mind on a daily basis.)


Clueless Moment
I kept hearing people talk about this Hunger Games. I literally thought they were discussing a new diet fad. When I heard 2 girls at school talking about it, I became super concerned because this diet did not sound safe! 
So what do I do?! I tell the students that they look "fabulous the way they are" and that they don't need a special diet...especially one that calls for self-starvation. They look at me, then look at each other and burst out laughing.


So what word means the complete opposite of cool? oh yeah...Marion.



Moment of Freedom
"I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts."
-Orson Welles

The husband and I canceled our cable this week. We want to read more, play more, talk more...live more! TV gets in the way of those goals. 

See?  Look at how much fun the husband is having with me!  


Didn't-See-That-One-Coming Moment
A fifth grade boy comes in to meet with me, sits down and I immediately notice his sad, distraught look.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
He slowly looks up, takes a deep breath and says in the most serious voice, "Mrs. G...I don't know what to do. I've been having urges."
"Urges?" I repeat with a little confusion.
"Yes...you know...urges..." he gives me this "duh" look as he repeats the word.
"Oh...I see."
Silence
So I say a sentence that I'll regret for the next few weeks as I work to erase the ensuing images: "Tell me more..."


So be honest...did you know about this "Hunger Games?" Lol!


XO - Marion

0 comments:

Post a Comment