Every Girl Has a Molly

When I'm scanning my Google Reader and catching up on posts, one blog always captures my full attention. Vintage Is The New Black is the blog for NoirOhio Vintage, an incredibly popular American vintage store on eBay. It's run by a lady called Maggie and modelled by a lady called Molly.

Something I've realised to my surprise lately is that I'm not fussed about shopping for vintage... One too many times I've wandered into vintage shops almost robotically but found that I either can't be arsed to forage through endless rails, or I am put off by hefty price labels. To be honest, I much prefer hunting out my own bargains in charity shops and car boot sales! 

So, plugging this store is not the purpose of this post (although the postage prices to the UK are quite reasonable, I must say!) No - I treat NoirOhio like a favourite style blog. A go-to for outfit inspiration. The stunningly styled Molly, seems to be able to pull off any look. She also proves that bright lipstick makes every outfit look at least 57% cooler. Noted.












I'm in such a style rut at the moment and feel like, for various reasons, nothing suits me and I'm not worthy of the 'style' proclamation in my blog title. But a scroll through this blog tonight has reminded me of all the different styles I love, and how underneath my samey disguise, there is a girl who adores versatile style. I must stop losing sight of this and mix things up a bit, like I did during my Wardrobe Wake Up. Maybe sometimes we need a style crush to revive our crushed style..! 

I'm not saying I'm going to turn into a cool and svelte goddess like Molly overnight (or ever, let's face it), but god damn it, I refuse to bore myself any longer! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment