Color Block Challenge


I am very excited today to feature some of my favorite bloggers in the first ever:
 Marionberry Style Trend Challenge: Color Blocking!  

This particular challenge was focused on style in the workplace.  I hope you enjoy the various looks and are inspired with their variety and character:

Name: Mary Ann
I'm a dance instructor and frequently in sweatpants. But I do get to dress nicely sometimes and prefer a polished looked to sweatpants. 
Unfortunately, I can't stretch my legs in a skirt. ;-)

Name: Callandra
Blog: Petite Early Morning Style
 I work as a wardrobe consultant as well as for an insurance company.  Neither job requires me going into the office very often, so I have a lot of freedom
with my day to day outfits. 


Name: Tara
I'm a Special Education Teacher

Name: Lani
Stay at Home Mom, avid DIY-er, crafter, and crazy part-time entrepreneur
(Etsy shop, furniture restorer, humor for hire...you want it, I got it!) I hate wearing sweats outside the house because with 2 young boys you're bound to look a little shlubby anyway...so why push it?  I love color...especially colors that hide stains (black, red, and navy usually do the trick!)

Name: Sharon
Blog: The Tiny Heart
I'm a social worker and there's no limitations to what I can wear to work. I know this because I have a co-worker that wears tube tops and see through blouses in the summer. Another co-worker enjoys wearing head to toe leopard print. So I'm pretty sure I can show up in almost anything!

Name: Emily
I'm a program manager in engineering for a tech company.

Name: Mia
I am a marketing coordinator for a consulting firm, so my dress is pretty conservative in the office. I can't pull of the bright hues at work, so my colorblock comes in a muted tone. But I still like to make the colors rich when I can!

Name: Amy
I have my Master's Degree in
Public Health and work as a Program Manager for a research center
affiliated with a medical school.

Name: Amy
I am an office manager at a tech company and our dress code is there is no dress code. Most people dress extemely casually here, but I like to take things up a notch, even if I'm just wearing jeans, as I chose to do with this outfit. I kept the shoes neutral this time, but think that my leopard print pumps actually would have been fun with this too!

Name: Jill
I'm a fun loving, sometimes sassy, always laughing 24-year old living in Boston navigating life as a Newlywed, Shopaholic, recent Home Decor enthusiast, 
and mama to my (fur)baby, Sophie.

Name: Me!
Blog: You're already here!  Yay!
So I'm a school psychologist by day, super wife by night.  Well...not really.  But I try :-)  And I decided to take the "color" out of this challenge and just show that you can block using blacks, grays and whites!  (And no...I'm not pregnant...:-) )

I just love how you can provide the same general directive to so many creative/beautiful women and they each come up with their own take!  This is really what it is all about...each woman expressing their own take on a given style and making it their own.

I'd like to extend a special THANK YOU to each gorgeous gal that participated!!  

So which of the following spring trends would you like to see for the next challenge?

Pastels    or    Floral Print   

Leave your choice in the comments below!

XO - Marion

0 comments:

Post a Comment