DIY: Pinterest Inspired Love Messages

What type of message would you prefer to receive?
You look great!
OR
Your skin looks as though it's glowing in that outfit!


Hmm, how about this one:
Thank you!
OR
Thank you so much for making dinner tonight...I have been so stressed and it took a huge load off my shoulders!


We all know that the more specific and detailed the comment, the more value it holds.  Which is why I was so drawn to this image I found on Pinterest:

Because I always want to give credit where it's due, 
please visit A Content Housewife for full details on the original idea!  
It's a great blog with fantastic photography!

Here is my version:


I know, I know...not as fancy as the original.  But it works for my home + decor.  I just love that I can leave my husband messages whenever I feel inclined to tell him thank you.

In the psychology field, we refer to this as "positive reinforcement" to encourage more of the recognized behavior.  Hmm...I will have to see if there is a statistical correlation between my specific messages and his positive behavior output (nerd alert!) 

So here is the breakdown:

Target Frame - $9
+
Dry Erase Marker - $2
+
Fancy Paper - $2
+
Ribbon - already owned

TOTAL: $13 plus lots of great thoughts to share between the two of us!

Visit my friend Leigh from BmoreLoveLeigh and check out her Pinterest-inspired DIY featured on her blog today!

Are you ever inspired by DIY projects you find on Pinterest?  
XO - Marion






0 comments:

Post a Comment