Beautiful Bloggers: Tara with Mix and Match Fashion

Do you ever find a blog and immediately feel connected to the author?  
You want to meet them for coffee and talk about random things that you most certainly have in common (a mutual feeling that the Bachelor needs a haircut, how it's hard to listen to a Sarah McLachlan song without picturing starving/shaking doggies, and how rice crispy treats are underrated).  

In an effort to learn more about these inspiring women, I'll be featuring a new series:
"Beautiful Bloggers."

To kick off this series, please meet 
Tara with Mix and Match Fashion:  
Isn't she beautiful?!

How did you come up with the name and focus of your blog?
        I knew that I wanted to focus on getting the most out of my closet while still adding in a few new pieces.  I love to challenge myself to style items in different ways.  That was where the mix and match part came in.  My subtitle, "mixing in splashes of color", portrays my love for all things colorful.  I think a lot of women are scared of color, and I wanted people to see it's okay to have fun with their wardrobe.  It is also my mission to show the world that not all teachers are frumpy, as is the stereotype.



How long have you been blogging?  What is one thing you know now about blogging that you wish you knew when you started?
     I started my blog in September of 2010.  The one thing that I wish is that I invested in a quality camera earlier.  I have seen an absolute increase in my blog traffic since I started using my dslr camera.  I also feel so much better about the product I am putting out there.  It took me awhile to save up for the camera, but it was so worth it and has more than paid for itself since.

What is your favorite outfit post to date and why? 
      This is a very tough choice....but I would say my outfit with my LOFT striped sweater dress and floral scarf.  Pattern mixing is very hard to get right...I know I've had many fails with it...but this outfit just came together perfectly!  Plus the dress has stripes, and I kind of have a small obsession with stripes.  Oh, and it includes my favorite boots, which I swear go with everything!

What do you enjoy doing when you're not blogging?
        Well, of course shopping!  Besides that, I love hanging out with my husband and playing with our two Miniature Australian Shepherds. My husband and I sometimes nerd out and play old school Nintendo games.   I am also very into music and enjoy going to see live bands, whether at large concerts or just at the local bar.  I am also a huge sports fan...but couldn't actually play sports to save my life!

What is one thing about you that you're readers would be surprised to learn?
           I think what is so surprising about me is that I'm a die hard sports fan.  I love the Giants, Jets, Mets, and Knicks!  It was actually my dream when I was in high school to start a girly sports team clothing line for women...but unfortunately Alyssa Milano and Victoria's Secret beat me to that....such a shame, I could have made millions hahaha!

Now answer this honestly, did you ever think that the Hunger Games was a new diet fad?  If not, would you think it was reasonable for someone to be confused by such a title?
         LOL...I remember hearing people talking about the Hunger Games and I had no clue what it was...and I still haven't read the books...maybe I'll get around to that this summer!  It is absolutely reasonable to be confused by the title...makes perfect sense :)

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you Tara!!  You had such great answers (especially that last one).  

What type of questions would you want to ask of your favorite bloggers?  Leave them in the comments below!

XO - Marion

0 comments:

Post a Comment