DIY Nail Art: Felines at your Fingertips

The quest for cute stuff to stick on my nails has never been easy. Ebay is a big place, but it never seemed big enough to have cute cat stickers/decals other than cheesy cartoony ones. So, my eyes nearly popped out of my head when I saw Heather's amazing animal-adorned nails on her fab blog the other day. Off to eBay I went.

Janchristie is a fairly new eBay store set up by two animal enthusiasts who were facing exactly the same struggle as me. Except they didn't just sit on the internet and whine about the lack of cute animal nail art supplies, like me. They decided to make their own! They have birds, dogs, cats and more in their fabulous store! They are photographers, so have used photos of their own 'models' (although they can make-to-order, too!) I ordered 5 sets of stickers at £2.15 each with free P&P and here's what I chose! 



For my first manicure, I cut out some of my 'talking cat' stickers! I found the ones that looked best on the nail were the ones I cut tightly around the edges, not leaving any clear plastic around the outside. I used a base colour of Leighton Denny Babydoll (c/o Glossybox), stuck the stickers on and sealed in with Seche Vite


I didn't really have time to do every nail today, so for my latest manicure I decided on a Pug statement nail! 





I used Models Own Snow White as a base, and did polka dots of Rimmel's 60 Seconds Black Out using a trusty kirby grip. My spots weren't very neatly spaced as I was a bit sleepy, but if you squint - THEY ROCK, right?  

I'm just beyond thrilled with my new nail stickers. It's lovely to see a UK seller providing such exciting, unique and cheap products to us nail art/animal enthusiasts - I've lined plenty of pockets in Hong Kong in the past, so it's nice to 'buy local' for a change! 

I've been emailing with Janchristie to hear all about their story, and they have kindly offered you guys some free samples if you type 'GEM' in the comment box when you pay on eBay. Needless to say, I totally recommend these stickers as they are clearly adorable and so different to anything else on the market right now. 

What do you think of my animal-tastic nail art? Would you invest in these nail stickers?

♥ 


0 comments:

Post a Comment